Sunday, August 12, 2012

1982 Canadian-French Summer Immersion Scholarship at the University of Laval, in Ville de Québec, Canada

Thirty years ago, during the Summer of 1982, I travelled to Laval University after I was awarded the Summer French Immersion Scholarship to study during June, July, and early August while I lived in Ville de Québec on campus to immerse fully in the use and practice of the French language and culture by French-Canadians in Montréal, Ville de Québec, Trois Rivières, Bay de Gaspé, the Laurentian Mountains known as Les Laurentides in the Canadian province of Québec at the University of Laval, the oldest university in North America since its foundation in the 1700s. I remember travelling and singing with Québecoise Suzanne Faguy and other French-Canadian co-educational college students at Laval University in Ville de Québec, Canada during the Summer of 1982. While I was studying at Northeastern Illinois University from September 1977 through 1982 with Professor Dorette Klein, I was awarded the Laval University French Summer Immersion Scholarship, Université Laval Bourse d'Eté while living in residence on campus at the Ville de Québec, Canada. In the Spring of 1981, while I was Vice-President of the French Club, while Bruno was the President, I had travelled to Montréal, Ville de Québec, Canada with Professor Dorette Klein and the French Club from Northeastern Illinois University at 5500 North St. Louis, Chicago, Illinois 60625 USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment